Nakina Fly-in Moose Hunting:

Nakina is the moose hunting capital of Ontario. The population of moose in our area is so high that we receive more adult moose tags than many other outfitters in other parts of Ontario. Not only is there a high population of moose, the moose get big. It's not uncommon for moose to reach 1300 pounds in our area.

We operate hunting outpost cabins and outpost spike camps in WMU 17 and WMU 18A. A spike camp is a cabin shell with a canvas roof. It is not classified as a permanent structure, so we can have them in strategic Moose hunting areas within our WMUs.

Accommodation are mostly in our outpost cabins. More remote hunts use hunting tents.

Flying your moose out of the bush is included in the price of your hunting package. Moose hunters should bring their fishing rods because if you get your moose early, the rest of the week can be a great fishing trip while we keep care of your moose quarters.

We cater to rifle, archery, crossbow and black powder (Muzzleloader) hunters.

  • Hunter Orange is required.
  • Ontario Hunting Regulations:

    Visit the MNR website at www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/FW/Publication/MNR_E001275P.html for hunting regulations.

    Should you have any general questions pertaining to the hunting regulations summary please contact the Natural Resource Information Centre at:

  • 1-800-667-1940 or
  • by emailing mnr.nric.mnr@ontario.ca

    Canadian Firearms Declaration Form:

    You will be required to fill out a temporary gun permit to bring firearms into Canada (Firearm Declaration Form). The fee is $25 payable at the border crossing.

    Non-Resident Firearm Declaration Forms are available by emailing cfp-pcaf@rcmp-grc.gc.ca, or by calling 1-800-731-4000 (Canada and U.S.) or 1-506-624-5380 (other countries) and from all Customs offices across Canada. Visit the RCMP web site for more information

    Please Note: Do not sign your declaration form until the customs agent asks you to.

  • 2013 Moose Dates Chart for Ontario

  • What To Bring:

  • Bring a valid hunting license and outdoors card. This is required to issue you a non-resident hunting license.
  • Warm Clothes (Never know what the temperature will be)
  • Hunter Orange hat and vest (camo orange is not acceptable in Ontario)
  • Previous hunting license CN or US
  • Weapons of choice, gun or bow
  • Soft guncase or bowcase (legal requirement)
  • Bug jacket and repellent
  • Rain Gear
  • Extra Footware/Gloves
  • Flash lights (Batteries) (Waterproof flashlight is best)
  • Binoculars
  • Coolers & Cheesecloth Bags for meat
  • Hunting knife/sharpener
  • Fishing rod and tackle
  • Food & Drink

    Don't forget to bring stuff to cook with. Fishing for Walleye is outstanding at all our camps.